I count it a privilege to help people grow. From your first e-mail inquiry to our post-event feedback session, you can expect my full creative energies to make your event as life-transforming as possible.
You can also expect a focus on prayer. I believe that “unless the Lord builds the house,” we’re all just wasting our time—no matter how much we prepare.
One other thing you can expect that is rather rare these days: authenticity. No pretense. No fake smiles. I’m eager to engage your audience, open to questions, and genuinely care about helping the people at your event reach their full potential.
A Piece of My Story
I’ve had a wide range of experiences on my faith and life journey that enrich my teaching and speaking experience:
- Organizational leader of a thriving school through periods of rapid growth. I earned an MBA with a concentration in non-profit management from Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management.
- Pastoral guide for more than fifteen years as a church elder, teacher, pastor, seminary student, and confidant to many pastors.
- Counselor to countless families, students, parents, teachers, leaders, parishioners, and friends.
- Author of A Story Worth Telling: Your Field Guide to Living an Authentic Life releasing from Abingdon Press in May of 2015, as well as numerous eBooks and collaborative writing projects. One of my favorites will always be my partnership with Hugh Hewitt to produce In, But Not Of Revised & Updated: A Guide to Christian Ambition and the Desire to Influence the World and the IBNO Leader’s Guide for Group Study.
- Husband of a truly amazing lady and proud father of our six awesome children—all in the space of seven years. So yes, I understand family. I get both the immense joys and potential pitfalls of rearing children to be pleasing to God in a fallen world.
My Speaking Experience
I enjoy sharing truths in memorable ways to help people grow. I’ve been doing just that for the last 15 years in church, school, business, and ministry settings.
I’ve spoken to every age-group from 4 to 99 with excellent feedback from all (although I do get more hugs afterwards from the younger audiences, but that goes with the territory). I’ve shared with parents, teens, church groups, teachers, church leaders, business leaders, and community organizations.
I’ve preached many sermons in churches and always welcome the opportunity to do so.
I’ve probably spoken to an audience similar to yours before. But no two groups are alike. That’s why I’d love to talk to you first-hand about your audience. I take time to get to know who they are before each event. I customize my preparation to best meet them where they are to help them grow.
Popular Topic Themes
All sessions mix real-life examples and Biblical illustrations with a conversational style designed to connect with the hearts and minds of your group.
Your event may require its own unique topic. That’s fine. But here are themes I’ve spoken on most:
- Living a Faith-filled Life
- Connecting Faith and Culture
- Learning to Lead
- Finding Your Life Calling and Direction
- Growing a Godly Family and Children
- Mastering Marriage
- Education Issues
How Can I Help?
I think of your speaking invitation as an invitation to a partnership, so I prepare thoroughly to help your event succeed. I’ve planned many events of all sizes myself, so I understand the logistics and potential practical mix-ups to watch for.
I am adamant about ensuring the event is a win for you. Here are a few things I do to help:
- Listen carefully to what you need.
- Customize all topics to fit your audience’s needs and your time constraints.
- Share about the upcoming event through social media channels to help get the word out (if you desire).
- Talk first-hand with your technology and/or sound experts to minimize any distractions at the event.
- Promote the event through local media if available and desired by you.
- Follow-up for feedback to ensure your event was a success.
What People Are Saying
“Bill Blankschaen is a gifted writer, thinker, speaker, and leader with a proven track record of results….His ministry has left a trail of thousands of changed lives.” — Doug Carter, Senior Vice President, EQUIP Leadership, Inc. (John C. Maxwell, Founder)
“Bill Blankschaen is an emerging new voice in Christian life.”– Hugh Hewitt, Host of The Hugh Hewitt Show, a nationally syndicated radio talk show, New York Times best-selling author.
“Bill Blankschaen has a gift. Combining deep insight with vivid, memorable, and practical illustrations he shows that biblical faith is not just the entrance gate to the kingdom of heaven; it is also the vehicle, the engine, and the road.” — Dr. Brian Mattson, Senior Scholar of Public Theology, Center For Cultural Leadership, Producer and Principal, Dead Reckoning Digital Network (www.deadreckoning.tv)
“Bill is a dynamic speaker and engaging teacher. His ability to connect is one of the reasons I would rate him as one of the best teachers I’ve met. He speaks from the heart at ease in front of any crowd.” Glenn Leinbach, former instructor, US Air Force Academy
“Bill Blankschaen is a gifted teacher and speaker…a deep thinker with a pastoral approach…able to reduce complex ideas and concepts into simple terms that young and old alike can easily understand and apply.” Thomas Hardman, educator and former Senior Project Manager, General Electric Co.
“Bill Blankschaen bears a unique blend of God-given gifts: extensive intellect, incisive communication, warm rapport, and zealous godliness. He speaks the truth to our culture in a relevant way at which both scholars and populists often fail. He speaks simultaneously to head and heart.” P. Andrew Sandlin, President, Center for Cultural Leadership
“Bill Blankschaen combines an infectious fervency with clear insight. I find his work refreshing and challenging.”– Joel J. Miller, blogger Two Cities and Author Lifted by Angels
“Bill Blankschaen applies Biblical knowledge and wisdom on a regular basis. His practical teachings from God’s Word encourages me to take truth and apply it to real-life situations.”– Karen Vitello, Early childhood educator
“Bill Blankschaen is one part challenge, one part inspiration and three parts wisdom.”– Shannon Milholland, Speaker, Author and blogger
What to Do Next?
Click on the button below to start a conversation about how we might partner to ensure your event is a win.