I count it a privilege to help people grow. From your first e-mail inquiry or phone call to our post-event feedback session, you can expect my full creative energies to make your event as life-transforming as possible.
You can also expect a focus on prayer. I believe that “unless the Lord builds the house,” we’re all just wasting our time—no matter how much we prepare.
One other thing you can expect that is rather rare these days: authenticity.
No pretense. No fake smiles. I’m eager to engage your audience, open to questions, and genuinely care about helping the people at your event reach their full potential.
A Piece of My Story
I’ve had a wide range of experiences on my faith and life journey that enrich my teaching and speaking experience:
- Author of numerous books both of my own and in collaboration with others including these recent titles: A Story Worth Telling, You Will Be Made to Care, Drain the Swamp, Not a Daycare, Big Problems. Bigger God., and numerous leadership, faith, and business titles. One of my favorites will always be my partnership with Hugh Hewitt to produce In, But Not Of Revised & Updated: A Guide to Christian Ambition and the Desire to Influence the World and the IBNO Leader’s Guide for Group Study.
- Leadership and Business: I helped launch and lead a thriving Christian school for twelve years through periods of rapid growth. I earned an MBA from Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management. I now live in the entrepreneurial world as Founder and Chief Story Architect of StoryBuilders, a creative group empowering individuals and organizations to tell their stories well and share them with the world.
- Pastoral guide for more than fifteen years as a church elder, pastor, Christian school leader, advisor, and seminary student.
- Counselor to countless families, students, parents, teachers, leaders, parishioners, and friends and a founding partner of Ziglar Family, Thrive: A Ziglar Family Community, and co-creator of the online learning experience Families that Win.
- Husband of a truly amazing lady and proud father of our six awesome children—all in the space of seven years. So yes, I understand family–both the immense joys and potential pitfalls of rearing children to be pleasing to God in a fallen world.
My Speaking Experience
I enjoy sharing truths in memorable ways to help people grow. I’ve been doing just that for the last 15 years in church, school, business, and ministry settings.
I’ve spoken to every age-group with excellent feedback from all. I’ve shared with parents, teens, church groups, teachers, church leaders, business leaders, and community organizations.
I’ve preached many sermons in churches and always welcome the opportunity to do so.
I’ve probably spoken to an audience similar to yours before. But no two groups are alike. That’s why I’d love to talk to you first-hand about your audience.
I take time to get to know who they are before each event. I customize my preparation to best meet them where they are to help them grow.
Popular Topics and Themes
All sessions mix real-life examples and Biblical illustrations with a conversational style designed to connect with the hearts and minds of your group.
Your event may require its own unique topic. That’s fine. But here are some topics I address most frequently:
- How to Live a Story Worth Telling
- How to Read the Bible Every Day–And Enjoy It!
- What God Wants You to Do Next
- You Will Be Made to Care: Defending Your Freedom of Conscience
- What’s Faith Got to Do With It?
- Finding Your Calling and Life Direction
- Families that Win at What Matters Most
I enjoy working with event hosts to plan engaging retreat experiences for men, couples, or college age audiences on the topics of discerning God’s will, finding calling and life direction, and building a family that wins consistently.
Each experience consists of 3 to 4 sessions and can be modified to fit your agenda.
What God Wants You to Do Next
We delve into 7 Truths, 7 Questions, & 7 Steps to take to discover God’s best for each participant and empower them to make wise life decisions consistently.
Families that Win at What Matters Most
We unpack the winning formula taught for decades by Zig Ziglar–Believe, Plan, Prepare, and Expect to Win–and apply it in practical ways to empower today’s family. Can be adjusted to focus on men, women, or couples and on various seasons of life.
How Can I Help?
I think of your speaking invitation as an invitation to a partnership, so I prepare thoroughly to help your event succeed. I’ve planned many events of all sizes myself, so I understand the logistics and potential practical mix-ups to watch for.
I am adamant about ensuring the event is a win for you. Here are a few things I do to help:
- Listen carefully to what you need.
- Customize all topics to fit your audience’s needs and your time constraints.
- Share about the upcoming event through social media channels to help get the word out (if you desire).
- Talk first-hand with your technology and/or sound experts to minimize any distractions at the event.
- Promote the event through local media if available and desired by you.
- Follow-up for feedback to ensure your event was a success.
What People Are Saying
“Bill Blankschaen is a gifted writer, thinker, speaker, and leader with a proven track record of results….His ministry has left a trail of thousands of changed lives.” — Doug Carter, Senior Vice President, EQUIP Leadership, Inc. (John C. Maxwell, Founder)
“Bill Blankschaen is an emerging new voice in Christian life.”– Hugh Hewitt, Host of The Hugh Hewitt Show, a nationally syndicated radio talk show, New York Times best-selling author.
“Bill Blankschaen has a gift. Combining deep insight with vivid, memorable, and practical illustrations he shows that biblical faith is not just the entrance gate to the kingdom of heaven; it is also the vehicle, the engine, and the road.” — Dr. Brian Mattson, Senior Scholar of Public Theology, Center For Cultural Leadership, Producer and Principal, Dead Reckoning Digital Network (www.deadreckoning.tv)
“Bill is a dynamic speaker and engaging teacher. His ability to connect is one of the reasons I would rate him as one of the best teachers I’ve met. He speaks from the heart at ease in front of any crowd.” Glenn Leinbach, former instructor, US Air Force Academy
“Bill Blankschaen is a gifted teacher and speaker…a deep thinker with a pastoral approach…able to reduce complex ideas and concepts into simple terms that young and old alike can easily understand and apply.” Thomas Hardman, educator and former Senior Project Manager, General Electric Co.
“Bill Blankschaen bears a unique blend of God-given gifts: extensive intellect, incisive communication, warm rapport, and zealous godliness. He speaks the truth to our culture in a relevant way at which both scholars and populists often fail. He speaks simultaneously to head and heart.” P. Andrew Sandlin, President, Center for Cultural Leadership
“Bill Blankschaen combines an infectious fervency with clear insight. I find his work refreshing and challenging.”– Joel J. Miller, blogger Two Cities and Author Lifted by Angels
“Bill Blankschaen applies Biblical knowledge and wisdom on a regular basis. His practical teachings from God’s Word encourages me to take truth and apply it to real-life situations.”– Karen Vitello, Early childhood educator
“Bill Blankschaen is one part challenge, one part inspiration and three parts wisdom.”– Shannon Milholland, Speaker, Author and blogger
What to Do Next?
Click on the button below to start a conversation about how we might partner to ensure your event is a win.