Someday, you will tell your story. You may tell it here and now in this life or there and then in your next season of existence, after you have “shuffled off this mortal coil.” But it’s going to happen. The question is: will your story be worth telling?
Whether or not your story will be a good one will depend on one thing – your faith.
I don’t mean your commitment to organized religion or your ability to describe a conversion experience in vivid detail. We Christians are good at assuming our story will be good because we once said a prayer to secure a spot in heaven someday. I’m not talking about fire insurance.
I’m talking about faith – doing what you believe to be true, often in spite of what you see, sense, or feel. Faith is what writes your story and determines whether it will be a story worth telling.
That’s why I talk a lot about living an authentic life. Because the best stories are the ones in which the hero acts with authenticity, doing what he or she believes to be true – no matter what the risks might be.
It’s the one who refuses to settle for a safe, comfortable story who gets sung about and whose story becomes the stuff of legends.
I believe you can be that hero.
Ironically, the hero who lives an authentic life of abundant faith doesn’t set out to achieve fame or approval. He or she is just trying to do the right thing. But in the process of living out a faith fully focused on God, his or her story becomes something more, something worth talking about for all eternity.
Off the Treadmill and On to the Trail
It’s the commitment to getting off the treadmill and out onto the trail that separates the story of a true FaithWalker from all the other boring, predictable tales.
It’s why I wrote A Story Worth Telling: Your Field Guide to Living an Authentic Life – to empower you to make your story matter.
And I need your help. How’s that for being authentic?
The book releases on May 19, 2015, from Abingdon Press. (But please do NOT pre-order it. Scroll down to see why.)
I want to steward this opportunity well. One thing I know for sure is that I cannot do this alone.
Your Invitation to Make More Stories Matter
If you share my belief that your story should matter, I want to invite you to be part of the ASWT Launch Team.
In appreciation for your help, you will receive an advance e-version of A Story Worth Telling for free and this other really awesome cool stuff:
- Autographed copy of my book mailed to you as soon as it is available from the printer — hot off the press!
- Two ASWT Launch Team calls with me in May to discuss strategy for the launch and take questions from you about the process.
- Social Media Suite: 30 days of inspirational images inspired by the contents of the book to share on your favorite social media platform in the month of May.
- The complete ASWT Incentives Package (a $284 value — see below) that will be given to all who purchase the book between May 19 and 24, 2015.
- First access to limited-availability bonuses for bulk purchases of the book.
- AND the satisfaction and pride of helping more people make their own story worth telling.
We will be selecting no more than 50 people to be part of the launch team.
But it won’t only be based on how broad your social media reach is. I’d love to hear about your creative ideas for getting the word out about the book. And I’m looking forward to making new friends and deepening existing relationships in the process.
What Would You Need to Do?
Here’s the valuable contribution you would make as part of the ASWT Launch Team:
- Read the book! I will send each launch team member an electronic copy of the entire book ASAP so you can get started reading it right away.
- Write a brief, favorable review (100-300 words) about the book and post it to Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com, and any other favorite book sites you may know.
- Invite other people in your circle of influence to download the sample chapter here. I’ll make it super easy for you to do.
- Post messages to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram — and any other social media outlets you enjoy. (Don’t worry about it taking a lot of time. I’ll give you some pre-made material to get you started.)
- And do whatever else you can to help get the word out about the book during the week of the launch. (May 19-23, 2015)
I’ve prepared a simple form where you can apply and submit your best mailing address to receive the book if selected. No, I won’t be sending you FaithWalkers catalogs or anything.
Cookies, maybe. But not junk mail.
Don’t wait! The deadline to apply is April 30, 2015, but the selection process will be ongoing from now until May 2.
I’ve prepared an awesome ASWT Incentives Package valued at $284 for all who purchase the book between May 19-23, 2015.
Tell your friends about this ASWT Launch Team offer:
Copy and paste the following update to your Facebook timeline, Google+ or LinkedIn account:
Thank you! Let’s make some stories that matter — together.